Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My graduation day!

Joh! Joh! What a beautiful day it was today the 22 April 2008. It was my graduation day, yes I finally or should I say I’m now justified to say that I have an Honours degree in Industrial Sociology and ‘boy’ does it feel good to say it!
Well my day started normally with me waking up at 05:00 in the morning and catching my 06:20 train. The train was on time but sadly and not surprising it stopped in the middle of the road for close to 50mins and this made me to cancel my plans of accessing the internet 30mins before the seminar. Fortunately, I was feeling calm and just accepted that things did not go my way and I could not change the train situation, so I just arrived on time and read the newspapers instead.
Unfortunately, I could not go to Brickfield for the Tuesday field trip in the afternoon as I was delayed while waiting on the long queue to hire my gown and the hood. Well after that I went to Amelia’s room to go and prepare for the ceremony. Unfortunately my parents could not attend due to an emergency at home and I know my little sister was very disappointed as she was really looking forward to it.
Thanks God my boyfriend as he managed to attend this year and I must say this made my day, as I had wanted him to attend my first graduation last year but unfortunately, he missed it. My friends were also there and it was wonderful seeing them as we had not seen each since March, so for me to see them on this day it meant a lot.
All I can say is that I’m grateful to God for giving me the strength to carry on and to provide the means for me to attain my two degrees. Secondly I thank my parents for their support and love through out this time, my mom was and still is the ‘wind beneath my wings’, and she was my motivator while I was still studying. I’m so grateful to God for the mother that I have, I could never ask for any other mother. She is one of the strongest women I know and I’m very privileged to be her child. There is a saying that says ‘you can’t choose your family, but you can choose you friends’, well I’m proud and very happy for my family. Last but not least, thanks to my wonderful boyfriend for all his help, support and love.
My graduation made me to reflect and to really count all my blessings as I have realized that at times I tend to concentrate on the negatives and this had a bad impact on. So once again, I say thank you to my family, loved ones and to God, I could not have done this without them in my life!
Thanks :}.

No comments: